Let’s make sure we are a good match.
Do you manage care for your parent, family member or friend?
Are you seeking any of the following for yourself or others?
- Coordination of health care services
- Comparison of health insurance plans
- Contesting denied coverage or bills with inflated charges
Do you need to better understand health insurance bills and claims?
I can simplify and translate your statements, explain the rules of your insurance plan to maximize benefit coverage, and prepare claims appeals if your insurer denies payment. My services are nationwide for any commercial (employer-linked or individual policy) or Medicare plan.
Do you want someone to accompany you or a loved one to health care appointments?
I can help identify questions so that the visit is valuable and ensure that patient needs are communicated. Having another set of eyes and ears is a relief. Visits can be at a provider’s office, hospital, rehab facility or other location in the Seattle area.
I can help navigate other health care mazes:
- Communicate with your health care team to obtain tailored resources for a complex medical condition.
- Recommend ways to reduce your out-of-pocket costs.
- Help you find providers for a second opinion, alternative care or specialty services.
- Act as a communication resource for family and friends, to the extent that you want them involved.
- Assist with health plan enrollment or sign up through a State Exchange.
What type of support do you need?
Contact Me for an initial phone consultation (up to 30 minutes), free of charge.
I am happy to do presentations for local Seattle community groups about self-advocacy tips, how to better communicate with health care providers, and other advocacy topics. Contact Me to discuss.